Top 6 Camping Activities at Northern Hills Forest
Northern Hills Forest is a resort and campground with many fun activities to make your vacation memorable. Here are the top 6 activities that my family and I enjoyed at this resort and campground.
- Hiking is an activity the whole family can enjoy at Northern Hills Forest. They have many great trails with varying difficulties. Try the North Trail if you love to see wildlife up close and personal. The South Trail has a large wetland area with lots of plant life waiting to be found.
- Geocaching, find that treasure. Another fun activity is geocaching. Work together to find caches amongst the vast forest.
- The beach at Northern Hills Forest has a big beach with many lakeside activities such as horseshoes, volleyball, and . The clear lake is perfect for swimming, snorkeling, and kayaking. Kid friendly activities held on the beach daily including a sand castle competition.
- They also have a variety of watersport rentals. Enjoy the views on a relaxing kayak ride around the lake. Spend a day fishing on your choice of fishing boats. Keep the kids busy with a paddle boat, tubes, or other toys. If it floats they’ve got it!
- Eat! Northern Hills Forest has a top notch restaurants with local cuisine and your favorite dishes. Choose from the many food stands around the campground or dine in at their “family restaurant.”
- Relax! There are many ways to relax at the campground. Soak in the sun rays on one of our beach side chairs, enjoy a drink at the bar, or even a picnic in the park.
These are just some of the activities you can do at Northern Hills Forest. We suggest checking out our other posts to learn more about this wonderful resort and campground.